Our Production Capability
Karunaratne & Sons has achieved its current level of excellence through a combination of outstanding management, high-tech facilities and equipment and a highly skilled work force. We pride ourselves on our longstanding reputation for customer satisfaction and our uncompromising commitment to the highest standards.
Skilled Work Force
Our highly skilled and experienced work force is a primary reason for our Company’s ability to consistently produce work of exceptional quality on schedule and in time.
The quality of our printing is the result of combining the best people with the finest equipment. We have installed leading state of the art systems and equipment. We operate a two shift 24-hour system throughout all our departments.
Postscript-based applications, including Apple Macintosh and Intel Pentium systems.
Oris Digital Proofing System with FOGRA Proof-to-Press certification.
- Dainipon Screen Plate Rite 8000 CTP system
- Trueflow SE automated JDF — Compliant workflow solution
- AM and FM (stochastic) screening options.
- UV plate processing department.
Sheetfed & Web offset Presses
- Heidelberg PM74 29” 04 color press.
- Heidelberg SM102 40” 05 color press.
- Heidelberg SM102 40” 02 color press
- Heidelberg MOZP 25” 02 color press
- Heidelberg SORDZ 36” press
- Heidelberg KORD 25” press
- Oreient Super 3000 08 color web press
Equipped with a complete range of sophisticated and
conventional finishing capabilities.
In early 2008, Karunaratne & Sons completed
the installation of a complete Web Printing
Facility & Hard Case Binding Line. We now offer
a complete book manufacturing service from
prepress to printing and binding, all under one
roof. This addition is part of our strategy of
offering a global solution for our customers’
needs in printing illustrated trade books, art
books, photographic books, childrens’ books,
catalogues, diaries, desk calendars and other